let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around South Okanagan Area
Looking for elegance plus a carefree Okanagan lifestyle? CLICK ONTO THE VIDEO and then make your appt to view this immaculate quality townhome today. The desirable floor plan is perfect for entertaining in the fabulous open great room concept. Bright kitchen, living & dining space open up to private deck & backyard complete with easy maintenance artificial turf. Other features of main floor living area includ...
CONTINGENT to Probate. Level entry walks into a lovely open spacious main floor. Oak kitchen & nook, informal sitting area & spacious living area, all flowing out to a private deck with expansive views. Bright walkout basement offers additional bedroom & full bath, family room, storage, workshop space & office area. Fully air conditioned and an easy care acrylic stucco exterior for easy care and durability. Q...Listed by GIANTS HEAD REALTY
Charming & affordable must see home! In 2016, this 2bd, 1bth rancher was rebuilt by previous owner from the studs up. New windows, floors, hot water tank, electrical, plumbing, AC wall units, appliances & roof. All this makes for a very efficient home with water & heat costing a mere $130/month-talk about affordable Okanagan living! This is also the perfect home for those with mobility issues! It features whe...Listed by SKAHA REALTY GROUP INC.
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!! Searching for the perfect neighbourhood? You just found it! A Quiet street, fabulous neighbours, a flat yard PLUS walking distance to town, schools and all amenities! This updated 4 bedroom 2 bath home is perfect for the growing family or that empty nester with tons of Okanagan guests. Upstairs features include 3 bedrooms on the main with easy access to a covered deck . You will l...
CLICK ONTO THE VIDEO. Looking for the perfect retirement home? Step in and explore this lovely ground entry townhome complete with a full basement for extra living space! The main floor design features a very nice kitchen opening onto a comfortable dining and living area presenting a greenspace view. Master bedroom with ensuite, laundry and second bedroom finish off the main floor level. Downstairs living are...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Summerland is the perfect setting of natural beauty and small town warmth. I am proud of our "Old English" towne centre and invite you to explore our many treasures. I have been in Real Estate since 1993 and have extensive knowledge of all the nooks and crannies hidden in our beautiful valley. Our daughters grew up here, giving me first hand experience of family activities and of our fantastic schools. Whether your move is for retirement, job relocation, or for that much needed change of pace. Let me be the first to say "Welcome to Summerland, Welcome Home!"
Please call me at 250.494.7321 or You can also connect with me on facebook as well.