let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around South Okanagan Area
Waterfront Investment Opportunity , NO Speculation Tax here! Fabulous 3 bedroom 2 bath cottage style home in sought after "Lower Town". This is the ultimate in Okanagan Lakeshore living! The property features enough elbow room for year round living but easily maintained for the perfect vacation home. Open concept Living and Dining area is ideal for entertaining and family gatherings. Windows across the front ...
Check out the backyard and privacy! This 4 bedroom 3 bath home is the perfect fit for a family or that empty nester wanting a bit of elbow room. Fantastic fenced in backyard features privacy and plenty of space for kids and pets to explore. Main floor has the sought after open floor plan with spacious kitchen and large island, Fantastic deck off the kitchen is perfect for entertaining. Master bedroom has a lo...
THE EPITOME OF PEACEFUL LIVING. Welcome to 188 Kendall Cres, a delightful family home in one of Penticton's most private and safe neighbourhoods. Columbia elementary, is just minutes away. This is a solid home in good working condition. Recent improvements include new vinyl plank flooring and paint throughout. The main floor boasts a kitchen with breakfast nook and a spacious living - dining area, which leads...
Lovely, OPEN CONCEPT, LEVEL ENTRY RANCH STYLE FAMILY HOME with a full basement, 4 bedrooms (3 on main floor) and only steps to the Osoyoos 36 hole Golf Course. Two bathrooms/laundry room on the main floor including a huge ensuite bathroom in the master. New vinyl plank flooring up and down. Downstairs includes a 3 pc. bathroom, recreation room, bedroom, playroom & exercise room. Lots of room for the kids and/...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Summerland is the perfect setting of natural beauty and small town warmth. I am proud of our "Old English" towne centre and invite you to explore our many treasures. I have been in Real Estate since 1993 and have extensive knowledge of all the nooks and crannies hidden in our beautiful valley. Our daughters grew up here, giving me first hand experience of family activities and of our fantastic schools. Whether your move is for retirement, job relocation, or for that much needed change of pace. Let me be the first to say "Welcome to Summerland, Welcome Home!"
Please call me at 250.494.7321 or You can also connect with me on facebook as well.